enables catenary-free drive
At CAF Power & Automation we have developed the FREEDRIVE energy storage system, which enables catenary-free drive.
FREEDRIVE is a system based on ultracapacitors and/or Lithium batteries and has all the technological benefits of EVODRIVE. It is modular and easy to integrate in new and existing vehicles, whatever the manufacturer.
FREEDRIVE's main characteristics:
- Totally or partially eliminates the catenary.
- Reduces the investment in infrastructure and its subsequent maintenance.
- Over 10km of autonomy with batteries in catenary-free mode.
- Ultra-fast charge position (less than 20 seconds)
- Modular configuration that optimises the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)-accumulation systems, infrastructure and maintenance.
- Non-captive system, applicable to any manufacturer and new or existing infrastructure
- Plug-in, independent of the traction converter, which means it can be incorporated in existing trains.